Joshua A. Lyons
Joshua A. Lyons is a shareholder who has been an attorney with Maurice A. Nernberg & Associates since 2005.
He is experienced in a wide range of commercial litigation and has been actively involved in all stages thereof, from initiation through the completion of the appellate process. Mr. Lyons is an experienced trial lawyer who has participated and received favorable decisions in arbitration, jury, and non-jury trials, as well as through the appellate process.
Mr. Lyons is a 2004 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He received his bachelor’s degree from Washington and Jefferson College, where he majored in both history and political science. Mr. Lyons was named to the national honor society for each those majors, Phi Alpha Theta and Pi Sigma Alpha, respectively, was actively involved in both the History and Pre-Law Clubs, and was consistently named to the Dean’s List for academic achievement. He was also a member of the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity.
Prior to joining Maurice A. Nernberg & Associates, Mr. Lyons served as a law clerk in the Washington County Court of Common Pleas.
- Knoll v. Uku et al., 1181 WDA 2015 (Pa. Super. 2017) - convinced the Superior Court to overturn a trial court decision and allow client to execute on houses owned by former partner to satisfy the client's judgment. www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson/2017/01/18/fraudulent-transfer-law-trumps-tenancy-by-the-entireties-in-knoll/#30fdf6e33aa6
- Augustine v. Snyder et al., GD-12-012748 (Allegheny Co. 2016) - received a non-jury trial verdict in client's favor which established client as a 50% partner in a partnership with several million of dollars in real estate assets.
- Knoll v. Uku et al., 2038 WDA 2014 (Pa. Super. 2015) - received a non-jury verdict in client's favor for $175,882.08 and against the client's former business partner.
- Zavala, Inc. v. Five-R Excavating, Inc., 601 Pa. 408 (2009)
- ESB Bank v. McDade, 2 A.3d 1236 (Pa. Super. 2010)
- Dillon McCandless King Coulter & Graham, LLP v. Rupert, 81 A.2d 912 (Pa. Super. 2013)